data.world is designed to be extended by developers like you. Using our toolkit, you are empowered to integrate your data products or create brand new applications, in a variety of ways and in just a few hours.
Empower your users to start new projects with data from data.world. Or help them share project outcomes with their teams. Whether you focus on data itself, project outcomes, or workflow and collaboration, the building blocks are here and imagination is the only limit.
Our integration toolkit includes:
- Content embedding: Display your content on data.world via oEmbed and file previews (Learn more)
- Deeplinks: Make navigation seamless from data.world to your product and back (Learn more)
- Webhooks: Automatically respond to activity of interest performed on data.world. (Learn more)
- Web widgets: Add drop-in components to your web-based product to help users find data and author queries (Learn more)
- Authentication: Log in and authorize users via data.world (Learn more)
By integrating data.world, with little effort, you can give your users:
- Data sources: Connect to data from the data.world community, private datasets, and trusted sources like US Census, government agencies, and academia.
- Data storage: Upload, stream, and sync data from disparate sources and multiple formats. Create a better experience by making data consumable, accessible, and portable.
- Publishing & collaboration: Share reproducible conclusions, insights, and data subsets with collaborators throughout the life of data projects.
In addition, you have the opportunity to get your product featured on data.world and reach an exciting and growing community of data users.
There are many ways for you to get started:
In order for your product to be featured, we first evaluate whether it meets our standards for:
- Value and utility
- Stability and finish
- Use of APIs and other toolkit functionality
- Ease of trial
- Content appropriateness
Fill out the following form at the beginning of your project and we’ll work with you to ensure that your product satisfies these criteria.
data.world reserves the right to further expand or change the above criteria at any time and without notice.